Self Help Resources
Our Christ-Centered Counselors provide professional counseling for clergy and their family members to help deal with difficult issues.
Barna Research reports that 84% of Clergy families suffer from depression.
- 50% feel unable to meet the demands of their work
- 90% feel they were not adequately trained to cope with the demands placed on them
- 37% have been involved in inappropriate sexual behavior
- 70% have a lower self-image than when they entered the ministry
- 80% believe that their work is negatively affecting their families
Ministry and Families:
1992 survey from Leadership magazine.
- 81% Insufficient time together
- 71% Use of money
- 70% Income level
- 64% Communication difficulties
- 57% differences over leisure activities
- 53% Difficulties raising children
- 46% Sexual problems
- 41% Pastor’s anger towards the spouse
- 35% Differences over ministry career
- 25% Differences over the spouses career
1991 survey by the Fuller Institute of Church Growth:
- 90% work more than 46 hours a week
- 80% believed pastoral ministry affected their families negatively
- 33% believed ministry was a hazard to their family
- 70% do not have someone they consider a close friend
*It is important that anyone who utilizes this service know that no confidential or personal information will be reported to your denominational office by Daily Bread Counseling, unless you authorize Daily Bread Counseling to do so in writing.